Saturday, November 27, 2010

My favorite holiday

This is my favorite time of year.  I love that the weather is getting colder and that the mornings are crisp.  I love that I can wear sweaters and pants and comfy warm shoes.  Mostly I love this time of year because I get to think about our Thanksgiving dinner which I insist on having at my house.  It is absolutely my favorite holiday to plan for, shop for and cook for.  I used to change it up every year and try a different recipe for the turkey but a few years ago I found one that is absolutely delicious and we have stuck with it ever since.  There's something about being in the kitchen all day cooking with your family that makes this holiday in particular better than the rest.  



It took Dave at least 20 minutes to carve that one piece of turkey off the bird!


Amma slaving over the gravy.


This was before I made fun of him for how long it took him to carve a turkey.


My Thanksgiving table...Adults only.
The kids were relegated to the kitchen.


This is everyone after we finished eating. 
Notice how no one has moved from the table.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome!! I wish we could have been there!

    See you in a few weeks...

    xoxo Jessica

    ReplyDelete